[yt-users] X11 issues with yt

Elizabeth Tasker taskere at mcmaster.ca
Mon May 2 08:18:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

I suspect this is really a python query, but I've been unable to fix
it... An cluster upgrade has meant I have to submit all my yt scripts to
the queue, rather than running interactively. For some reason, my script
wants to pull up a window to show its plot and then panics because it
can't find a display when it's submitted to a node. I don't understand
why it wants to do this when I ask it to save, not show:

from yt.config import ytcfg; ytcfg["yt","serialize"] = "False"
from yt.analysis_modules.api import EnzoSimulation as ES
from yt.mods import *
.
.
.
.
stuff
.
.
.
pylab.plot(time, mass)
pylab.ylim([6.39e9, 6.5e9])
pylab.savefig("mass_fig.png")

I tried adding a "matplotlib.use('agg')" in there but to no avail.

Elizabeth