[yt-users] Volume Rendering and Weighted Fields

John ZuHone jzuhone at cfa.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 12 16:24:27 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have figured out how to do an off-axis projection using the camera interface, it was actually pretty straightforward.

I'm primarily concerned with simulating X-ray images for clusters, and I would like to extend my process to projections of weighted quantities, say emission-weighted temperature (or "spectroscopic-like" temperature, which means weighting by dens*temp**(-alpha)).

I imagine that I have to use MultiVariateTransferFunction for this... does anyone have a good example of how to do something like this? I've looked at the source code but the process is still not exactly transparent to me.

Best,

John ZuHone