[yt-users] 1D matter power spectrum

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 8 18:36:18 PST 2011

Thanks Stephen, that worked perfectly, I just had to reinstall Forthon
after the update.

However, I ran into two troubles,

One is that I'm getting 0 correlation on all length scales... which is
bad.  I've set the min density threshold to 0 and played around with other
parameters but still get 0 for the \xi column in the output
dens_tpcorr_correlation.txt.  Can you check this on a small dataset to see
if that's what you get, or I am doing something terribly wrong.  (do I
have to re-Cython or missed some other things?)

Another thing is when I was trying to find out how to insert the two new
angles, I looked in

yt/analysis_modules/two_point_functions/two_point_functions.py
on line 478, 481 when you generate the phi and theta, you might want to
use the equation 6,7,8 on this page
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SpherePointPicking.html
to avoid non-uniform distribution over the unit sphere surface.  (but of
course being mathematicians their theta and phi is flipped from ours I
think, their phi goes from 0 to pi and theta goes from 0 to 2pi)

From
G.S.