[yt-users] timing parallel runs

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 09:26:30 PST 2011

Hi Dave,

> Now that I think of it timing slices man not be the ideal thing to test. I will
> have a look at your pointers. How is the in-situ work on enzo going. Is there a
> section in the YT docs that deals with using YT in this fashion?

I have some inside knowledge that Matt is mostly incommunicado for the next couple days, so I'll field your question.

You should look at the enzo documentation, here, for some information on inline analysis.

http://docs.enzo.googlecode.com/hg/user_guide/EmbeddedPython.html

Not everything works inline in parallel yet, and I've seen a list of what does somewhere, but I can't locate it right now. Off the top of my head I know that halo finding (using Parallel HOP), non-adaptive projections, and profiles work inline. I think there might be a couple more things...

Good luck!

Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/