[yt-users] 1D matter power spectrum

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 14:31:36 PST 2011

Geoffrey,

> is there a way to limit the random total_values of pts generated for say
> (r, theta, phi) in the physics convention?
>
> x = (phi = 0, theta = pi/2)
> y = (phi = pi/2, theta = pi/2)
> z = (phi = *, theta = 0)

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. "total_values" is just the absolute number of point pairs generated. Are you referring to the range of x,y,z values generated for points? If so, I still don't understand what you mean with phis and thetas.

In summary, random points are created as follows. For a given length r (separation between the two points):

1. Create a random point inside the volume (or subvolume if running in parallel).
2. Make a random angle (theta, phi), go out r in that direction to find the second point.

What is it you want to do?

Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/