[yt-users] halos

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 08:09:26 PST 2011

Irina,

> If I understood correctly, what Molly wants is to read the HopAnalysis file to
> get the halo information, since everything you know is in that file. But
> isn't it already implemented in _read_halo_list in HaloProfiler.py (from an
> older version of yt)?

I think what Molly wants to do might be to find the haloes and than at some later point go back and look at detailed aspects of the haloes that aren't stored in the HopAnalysis.out file. For example, if she wants to analyze the particle membership, she would need more than the text file.

I'll see what I can do about adding a halo import function.

Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)