[yt-users] halos

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 16:49:31 PST 2011

Molly,

I can help you with the halos, but I'll leave the halo profiler for Britton who knows it better than I do.

> First, I'm able to find halos and print information about them out to
> an, e.g., HopAnalysis.out file.  Is there a way to read this kind of
> information back in?  So far I have to re-run the halo finder every
> time I want to get new information, which is rather inefficient.  (The
> kludge of only looking for halos in a subvolume where I know there is
> one kind of works but isn't ideal.)

This is not currently possible. This is something that I've thought about, and should be possible, but I haven't done it because I haven't needed it. If there is enough interest in this, I can add it to my list of to-dos.

> Second, virial information.  When I try to get the virial mass or
> --> 380         for pos in izip(self["particle_position_x"],
> self["particle_position_y"],
>     381                 self["particle_position_z"]):
>     382             dist[mark] = periodic_dist(cen, pos, period)
>
> NameError: global name 'izip' is not defined

I believe that this must have gotten missed in the yt analysis module renaming. I've just pushed a change (402864758a63) that I think should fix this.

Stephen