[yt-users] Accessing particle_density in a Castro pure nbody simulation

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:54:14 PDT 2011

Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Steffen Klemer <moh at gmx.org> wrote:
> Am Tue, 14.06.2011 um 13:57 schrieb Matthew Turk
> <matthewturk at gmail.com>:
>
>> > velocities in km/s/a (where a is the comoving a)
>>
>> Excellent!  I have spoken to Ann about this, and she's preparing a
>> more comprehensive solution.  For now I will put this in.  For
>> clarification, to translate from the units in the plotfile to cgs, it
>> would be multiplication by 10^4 * (current scale factor), right?
>
> I think it's 10^5 from km to cm but otherwise yes:
>
> 10^5 * (comoving_a)
>
> thanks for your help and looking forward to a generic nyx unit
> scheme :-)
> /Steffen

Hehe, yes, it is 10^5 ... thanks for being kind about my typo.  :)

I have made the change to convert these units, but it looks to me like
-- my own fault here -- the unit system is composed of a number of
copy/pasted items that I wrote quite a while ago.  I'll take a closer
look at these and fix them as we go along.

Best,

Matt