[yt-users] Visualize 2D Clump Finder

David Collins dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 1 08:35:01 PDT 2011

I ran into this very problem with Devin Silvia about a year ago.

Try adding
pc.set_xlim(xmin,xmax)
pc.set_ylim(ymin,ymax)

where [x,y][min,max] are the code unit extents of your data.  Put this
before the pc.modify command.

There's a bit of code in the clump callback that shifts the clump
locations and checks that it's still in the plot region.  Since your
plot window is taller than your data, it can't tell that it shifted it
outside of the region you care about.

I thought I fixed this in the code, but it seems I either didn't find
a good enough fix or that fix didn't propagate (though I don't see
anything in any version, so I suspect the former.) Devin (if you're
out there) do you remember if there was a better work around than
this?

d.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Nicholas Earl <earlnich at msu.edu> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I've been trying to do a clump finding on some 2D data, however I'm having
> difficulties visualizing it. I had sifted through the yt mailing list and
> came across Dave Collin's clump_tools, but when I use it and attempt to
> overlay the clump results on a slice of density, it seems as though they
> don't want to overlap.
> Here is the script, and the image is attached.
> http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1678/
> Thanks!
> Nick

Sent from my computer.