[yt-users] Accessing particle_density in a Castro pure nbody simulation

Steffen Klemer moh at gmx.org
Tue Jun 14 07:15:00 PDT 2011

Hey Matt,

> The second issue is that of units.

Aaaahhhh... ...found this as well after checking this a bit more.
Sometimes it's a bit hard to not get confused by the yt codebase :-)
I couldn't imagine that yt tries to convert the result into the right
units... ...but it's a nice feature!! :-)

> http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/issue/281/nyx-units-are-incorrect
>
> If you wouldn't mind, it'd be very helpful if you could fill in a bit
> about what you know -- from a pragmatic point of view -- about the
> units in that ticket.

 For the Particle-Plotfiles it is:

x,y,z in MPc
velocities in km/s/a (where a is the comoving a)
masses in M_{\sun}

bye
/Steffen