[yt-users] Multiplot Phaseplot

Charles Hansen chansen at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 7 16:08:06 PDT 2011

It is kinda tricky.  With everything except for phaseplot, you can use
something like...

(using matplotlib)

pc = PlotCollection(....)
subplot(211)
fig1 = gcf()
axis1 = gca()
p = pc.add_slice(...., figure=fig1, axes=axis1, use_colorbar=False)

suplot(212)
fig2 = gcf()
axis2 = gca()
p = pc.add_slice(...., figure=fig2, axes=axis2, use_colorbar=False)

With phaseplot, it just doesn't work.  I do not know why.

I eventually just saved each figure individual and pasted them together
using imagemagick convert.   For the sake of argument suppose you want a
'quad chart' arrangement of four figures named as 1.png through 4.png.
Use convert to stick them together:

convert +append 1.png 2.png row1.png
convert +append 3.png 4.png row2.png
convert -append row1.png row2.png final_image.png

I'd be happy to know if there is a better way.

Charles