[yt-users] Big speedup with projections

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:03:49 PDT 2011

Hi all,

In the development repository I have just swapped out the old-style
projections, which were based on geometric overlap at the *grid*
level, to a quadtree projection method that operates at the *cell*
level.  This operation should scale better, should provide much faster
runtimes, and is able to operate inline with simulation codes (I have
tested this.)

All your projections should now be much, much faster -- on the yt-dev
list, speedups of 2-10x were reported before this change was made.

If you choose to upgrade and run into any issues, please let me know
or file a bug report.  "yt bugreport" can help with this, or see
http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/issues/new .

Best,

Matt