[yt-users] derived field and TotalQuantity from two sources possible?

Brian O'Shea bwoshea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:17:17 PDT 2011

Hi Geoffrey,

A question: is this actually an Enzo dataset (as in, .cpuNNNN files, with
the parameter, hierarchy, etc. files as well), or are you talking about
monolothic HDF5 files containing a single field that was created by some
third party?  If it's the latter, you're better off just using, say, h5py to
read each file in separately, and divide them by each other.  I don't think
that the yt machinery is designed for brick-of-bytes HDF5 files (though I
may very well be wrong).

--B