[yt-users] ImportError: No module named amr_utils

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 11 06:56:20 PDT 2011

Hi Florian,

I also had some problems running yt with Enthought Python a while back.
I seem to recall that h5py is broken in EPD, which isn't creating the
error that you're experiencing here, but it will cause problems later on
in your use of yt.  Anyway, I don't know the reason for your specific
troubles here, I can only recommend what I did to fix this issue:
install yt using the installer script.  The installer script will
download and create a new instance of python 2.7, along with all of the
yt dependencies.  You should then be able to use that new python and yt
with no problems.  Of course, I realize that it would be nice to have yt
run within your existing python installation, so perhaps one of the
other users can comment on why it isn't working here.  Good luck!

Cameron