[yt-users] derived field and TotalQuantity from two sources possible?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:45:25 PDT 2011

Hi G.S.,

This is pretty far outside of how fields are designed to work in yt.  The
access of data in yt isn't currently designed to work with more than one
pf.  I don't actually see a way to do this without combining the data so
that it can be seen as a single pf.  If parallel wasn't an issue and this
were only a unigrid run, you might be able to read in all the data at once
from both pfs and do some of this by hand.  If this is AMR, then I think
this may not be possible at all, considering the hierarchy is unlikely to be
exactly the same between two different datasets.

Britton