[yt-users] yt installation sans wget

Elizabeth Tasker taskere at mcmaster.ca
Sat Jul 16 04:37:34 PDT 2011

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for that suggestion. That, coupled with a few adaptions to distribute.py got me further, but for some reason it is now claiming it can't see the zlib libraries, even though they are in the library path.

After install bootstrap.
/home/taskerez/yt-test/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg-info already exists
/home/taskerez/yt-test/lib/libhdf5.a(H5Zdeflate.o): In function `H5Z_filter_deflate':
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x132): undefined reference to `compress2'
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x1e5): undefined reference to `inflateInit_'
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x1fa): undefined reference to `inflate'
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x295): undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x2a2): undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
H5Zdeflate.c:(.text+0x3fa): undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Still, this might be a system set-up problem, not a yt installation fail.

Thanks,

Elizabeth