[yt-users] yt installation sans wget

Luigi Iapichino luigi at uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 15 05:28:24 PDT 2011

Hi Elisabeth,

I had the same problem, namely I have yt on a machine that does not allow
Internet access, outside a number of allowed IPs. My solution was to mount
the yt directory remotely on my local (and allowed) PC using sshfs.
Afterwards I run the install_script, using alternatively my PC for
downloading the needed libraries, and the other machine for compiling. The
install_script is not exactly thought for this use, but with some effort and
patience it worked; even more important, now I can update my installation
with bugfixes and additions, whenever they are available (it's also a bit
lengthy, but it works).

If you like this solution, I can provide you the details.

Cheers,

  Luigi