[yt-users] ImportError: No module named amr_utils

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:13:19 PDT 2011

Hi Florian,

It seems that for some reason it isn't actually compiling the amr_utils
code:
creating stub loader for yt/utilities/amr_utils.so
which would happen if it already existed in the build/ directory.  Could you
try removing the build directory and retry the python setup.py install?
 That should force it to recompile and perhaps that will fix the issue.

One other possibility is that you are running from within the yt-hg/
directory, which now that I look at the traceback path
"yt/utilities/io_handler.py",
may be the case.  When you run yt from within the yt-hg directory, paths get
confused, particularly with the cython compiled files.  Could you try
running from a different directory?

If neither of those things work, could you show us what is in your PATH,
PYTHONPATH, YT_DEST, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Best,
Sam