[yt-users] problem installing yt on kraken

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 15:49:05 PST 2011

Geoffrey,

> Stephen is the expert for YT on Kraken, something about the scratch disk
> cannot see the home directories when running jobs and requires static
> linked libraries.

That is not entirely correct anymore, and I don't think that is what Britton's problem is. Yes, the compute nodes cannot see the home disk, but I think Britton is building things using a login node. So disk visibility should not be his problem. Also, Kraken now supports shared object loading, so the static build option that I am renowned for (?!) isn't necessary unless you want to run python/yt inline, which is what Britton is trying to do. As to Britton's problem, I don't know what is going on, sorry!

 Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)