[yt-users] problem installing yt on kraken

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:23:55 PST 2011

Stephen is the expert for YT on Kraken, something about the scratch disk
cannot see the home directories when running jobs and requires static
linked libraries.  There is a working version of YT, just have to set
these environment variables:

export PATH=.:/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk/bin:$PATH

export PYTHONPATH=/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk/bin/python

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export MPLCONFIGDIR=/lustre/scratch/<user name>

If you need the latest version from the install script, probably best to
ask Stephen.  The old documentation shows some brief install steps for the
different machines (a section devoted to Kraken), but I'm not sure if
Kraken is taken into account in the new script with its strange
requirements.

From
G.S.