[yt-users] periodic fixed res buffer

John Wise jwise at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:13:14 PST 2011

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a fixed resolution buffer with periodic boundary conditions, just like how the projections and slices are handled?  I've tried to feed the argument periodic=True to the projection creation routine

prj = pf.h.proj(dim, "Metallicity", weight_field="Density", periodic=True)
frb = FixedResolutionBuffer(prj, region, (image_size, image_size))

where region is something like (-0.1,0.1,0.5,0.7)

I've also tried setting the projection region to have boundaries within the domain, i.e.

x = [-0.1,0.1] -> x = [0.9,0.1]

but have had no luck.  I'm probably missing something, or it's not implemented.

Thanks,
John