[yt-users] Stars on volume rendering

John Wise jwise at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Jan 6 08:45:18 PST 2011

I forgot to mention that another way to do this is making a derived
field that adds the stellar density to the gas density.  However this
doesn't look good when particles are in coarse grids, when they should
be point sources in the image.

def _RelativeDensityStars(field, data):
     return (data["Density"] + data["star_density"])/dma
add_field("RelativeDensityStars", function=_RelativeDensityStars,
           take_log = False)

where dma is a scaling variable.

I'm uploading my stand-alone script if you want to try to decipher it,
although I tried to comment it some.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1475/

Also I uploaded the colormap based on B-V colors that I ripped from
partiview to

http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~jwise/temp/BminusV.h5

John