[yt-users] Colorbar and labels on volume rendered images

Elizabeth Harper-Clark h-clark at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 5 07:46:35 PST 2011

Good morning everyone,

I was wondering how to add colorbars and text labels (e.g. with the time) to
images produced through volume rendering. I am unsure of how to adapt all
the usual techniques I know for projections etc. gievn the different
technique for drawing the images. I am using a constant colorbar so if
anyone can suggest a post-processing way of adding to created images that
would work too!

I am using the following to create my volume rendered images:
    for i, snapshot in enumerate(cam.rotation(2.*na.pi, n_angles)):
        print "     drawing:  dump =", numb, "angle =",  i, "shot=",shott
        if cam._mpi_get_rank() == 0:
            write_bitmap(snapshot, frame_template % (sys.argv[-1],shott))
            pl.draw()
            shott = shott+1

Many thanks,

Libby

--
Elizabeth Harper-Clark MA MSci
PhD Candidate, Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics, UofT

www.astro.utoronto.ca/~h-clark <http://www.astro.utoronto.ca/%7Eh-clark>
h-clark at cita.utoronto.ca
Astronomy office phone: +1-416-978-5759