[yt-users] psf convolution

Charles Hansen chansen at astro.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 24 16:02:13 PST 2011

Does anyone know a way to convolve a yt image (preferably
pc.add_projection) with a telescope psf?  This would be useful for
simulated observations.  At the moment, the best I can do is make an
image in yt and then convolve that image in pixel space, but this ends
up blurring out things I do not want blurred (like particle markers, or
velocity arrows).  The psf does not need to be fancy, I just want a 2D
gaussian with an adjustable width.

Ideally, there would be a call
pc.add_projection("Density", 0, psf_width = 1.5e13)
#create a projection with a psf width of 1 AU at the observed distance

Charles