[yt-users] Clearing a derived field from all grids

Elizabeth Tasker tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Mon Dec 12 02:45:12 PST 2011

Hi,

Is there a way of deleting a single derived field from all grids?

I seem to be having a problem with my derived field not being
re-calculated for every element in a loop (it needs to be). Therefore,
if I run the complete loop, I get an incorrect result for some of the
elements which are totally fine if I tell the code to just calculate
that element in a single sweep.

I've tried deleting the individual elements that use that variable,
but it doesn't seem to be enough, e.g.

ng, nc = kd.locate_neighbors_from_position(nposn)
.
.
.
del ng