[yt-users] line callback

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:45:21 PDT 2011

Hi Luigi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Luigi Iapichino
<luigi at uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to overplot a line to a slice of mine. I use the line callback,
> for example with the following sintax:
>
> p.modify["line"]((0,639),(30,30))
>
> if I have well understood, the two pairs of numbers are pixel-based
> coordinates. I have a few questions:
>
> 1) where is the range of these number set (i.e., the image size in pixel), and
> how can I eventually modify it?

It's usually set in the figure creation.

> 2) Is it any simple way to define the begin and end points of a line in other
> coordinates? Code coordinates from 0 to 1 would be enough;

Yup, use the 'image_line' callback instead.  (We really need a better
documentation system for the callbacks!)

> 3) How do I modify the features of the line (e.g. thickness, color)?

You can supply a dict as the keyword plot_args, which will get passed
to matplotlib's 'plot' command.  So any arguments can be supplied to
that.  i.e.,

p.modify["image_line"]((0.1,0.3), (0.4,0.5), plot_args={'c':'b', 'lw':2.5})

This sets color to blue, linewidth to 2.5.

-Matt