[yt-users] Clear memory?

Elizabeth Tasker taskere at mcmaster.ca
Wed Aug 31 16:40:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

I think this is a related issue, so I'm going to put it on the same thread:

My arrays do not seem to be clearing properly in that, if I repeatedly
run my analysis script, I start seeing very strange features in my ray
objects (made from derived fields that I create myself) that I know are
wrong. If I exit yt and restart, all becomes well again. Adding in:

from yt.config import ytcfg; ytcfg["yt","serialize"] = "False"

doesn't help, so this is possibly a python memory clearing issue, not yt.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there any kind of clear cache for ipython?

Thanks!

Elizabeth