[yt-users] FixedResolutionBuffer problem

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Apr 28 07:30:43 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,

I have found another error (well, actually I think it might be the
same as the second error above). I try this script:

from yt.mods import *
import matplotlib.pyplot as pyplot

pf = load("DD0252")
re = pf.h.region([0.5]*3, [0.48]*3, [0.52]*3)
pp = pf.h.proj(0, 'Density', weight_field=None, data_source = re,
    center = [0.5]*3, serialize = False)

frb = FixedResolutionBuffer(pp, (0.48, 0.52, 0.48, 0.52), (512, 512),
    antialias = False)

pyplot.imshow(na.log10(frb['Density']))

and I get this <http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1605/>. I made this
example by following how the projections are made in
multi_halo_profiler, and indeed I get this same error when I ask the
halo profiler to make projections. However, as recently as last week I
successfully made halo profiler projections, and I've tried reverting
to the version of yt that was most current then, and the problems do
not go away.

So, I guess in summary, if you cannot see any typo in my script above,
and you cannot reproduce my error, then I probably messed up my
install in some subtle way, which will be useful information. Thank
you very much!

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us