[yt-users] Multiplot Phaseplot

Charles Hansen chansen at astro.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 22 17:27:09 PDT 2011

I am trying to make a multi-plot of phase plots, but running into
difficulty.  Phase plots seem to be different from the other plot
objects I am used to dealing with.

If I copy the cookbook version of multi_plot.py, but replace the lines like

p = pc.add_slice("Density", 0, figure = fig, axes = axes[0][0],
use_colorbar=False)

with the global_phase_plots.py cookbook lines

dd = pf.h.all_data()
p = pc.add_phase_object(dd, ["Density","Temperature","x-velocity"],
figure=fig, axes=axes[0][0], use_colorbar=False)

The code immediately crashes because phase plots do not take the
use_colorbar argument.  When I take out 'use_colorbar=False', the script
runs, but the resulting plot is all purple (the lowest value on the
default colorbar).  This is especially confusing because phase plots
normally have lots of white no matter what you do with the colorbar.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  For what it is worth, I am still on
the old svn trunk (I still use Raven).

Thanks,
Charles