[yt-users] VR: colorbar and camera

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:28:27 PDT 2011

Hi Shankar,

The image_writer was an integral part of making the movie you refer to in
your email.  In brief, I made the frames for the images and colorbars
separately, then grafted them together using another script.  I have pasted
an example of a script I used to make the colorbar portion of the frames
here:
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1580/
I then used the script below to attach the colorbar image to the volume
render frame.
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1581/
Note the line in this script:
cmap = cmap[1:,:,:]
I am chopping off one pixel from the colorbar image so that it has the same
dimension as the rendering image on the side that they are being attached.
If you look at the script, the images are just arrays that are being
concatenated so you have to make sure that your image dimension work.

I hope this helps.

Britton

p.s. - Thanks again to Matt and Sam who made all of that possible!