[yt-users] Problems with RAMSES output

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 07:35:32 PDT 2011

Hi Sam,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Sam Geen <samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ah, looks like I misinterpreted this - I guess "load" works for Ramses now?

I think it ought to; it worked for me.  I'm actually experimenting
with a test dataset right now, the Aquarius output00193 dataset that
Pymses provides.  It's relatively small (1.2e7 total cells after
regridding, 64 processors) but I am able to slice in 3 seconds and
project in 14; the regridding takes almost no time at all.

Perhaps adding particles and optimizing things might be more
approachable than I expected.  Are you signed up for yt-dev?  We
should perhaps flesh this out over there.  (I had on my schedule today
a reply to our off-list email exchange from a few weeks ago, by the
way, but this came up before I had the opportunity to continue it.)

My test script, for what it's worth, is here:
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1595/

Best,

Matt