[yt-users] running volume_render.py in a batch script

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Apr 14 08:38:06 PDT 2011

Hi Shankar,

I have several questions littered below quoted sections below.

> MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
> MPI: aborting job
> MPI: Received signal 11

Is this all you got in stderr/stdout? If not, can you send the whole
log file (paste.enzotools.org)?

> mpirun -np 1 /u/ac/sagarwal/software/enzo/src/yt/doc/yt-x86_64/bin/python2.6 volume_render.py

Is calling a serial program with mpirun required by your batch
scheduler, or were you doing this for testing because you saw that it
wasn't working with more processors? If you can, could you try running
in serial without mpirun?

> Here are the first few lines of the volume_render.py...
(snip)
> from mpi4py import MPI

First, can you post the whole script? Second, why are you importing
mpi4py in your script? The second question can be answered by the
first if the script uses mpi4py internally.

Also, I just saw the reply from Britton, so do what he asks, too :)

Good luck!

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us