[yt-users] Updated yt module on Kraken and Nautilus

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:02:31 PDT 2011

It appears that Harinarayan Krishnan needs to change the permissions on
the yt subdirectory on kraken to be executable by world.  I loaded the
yt module and it complains of permissions:

$ module swap PrgEnv-pgi PrgEnv-gnu
$ module load yt
utility.c(2361):ERROR:50: Cannot open file '/sw/xt/modulefiles/yt/2.1'
for 'reading'
yt(5):ERROR:105: Unable to locate a modulefile for 'yt'

$ ls -l /sw/xt/modulefiles/
drwxrwxr-- 2 hkrishna install   4096 2011-04-11 13:31 yt

Thanks to Stephen, Harinarayan and Matt for making this happen, as
having yt built into the module infrastructure is excellent (especially
with the small amount of $HOME space they give us on kraken = 2GB)!

Cameron