[yt-users] loading halo off disk problem

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:49:22 PDT 2011

Hi Geoffrey,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM,  <gso at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> The patch works! Thanks :-)
>
> Here's a stupid question, when I update YT, I can
> yt instinfo -u
> or
> do hg pull then update manually
> or
> just run the install script again
>
> If I do either one of those above, do I still have to re-install stuff
> installed by hand i.e. Forthon, mpi4py etc?

The first two will only touch yt.  The last one, it's not clear to me
what you mean.  If you mean simply *running* the script again, it will
not destroy any old information, so you need not install any old
dependencies.  If you mean removing an existing installation and
re-running it, then yes, you have to, but it will do it for you.

-Matt