[yt-users] loading halo off disk problem

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Apr 11 16:50:03 PDT 2011

Geoffrey,

I think we've stumbled upon a h5py bug! Without getting into gritty
details, the LoadHaloes() code actually opens, closes, and then
re-opens the h5 file when data is read in. For some reason, the
re-open wasn't working, and the file was still marked as closed, and
therefore trying read data from it wasn't working. I've added a
band-aid of sorts which seems to fix the issue. Go ahead and update
and let me know if you continue to have problems.

(For those of you who get this twice, sorry! I sent the reply to the
wrong yt list the first time.)

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us