[yt-users] Kraken Common Install

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Apr 7 09:56:44 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I've just updated the common install of yt on Kraken to 2.1, and added
an install of the unstable branch. Both are full copies of yt that is
kept on lustre in a non-volatile place. This means that it is
accessible from both the login nodes and the compute nodes, but unlike
most files on Lustre, will not be deleted automatically.

If you wish to use yt 2.1, which will only see changes for bug fixes,
please set your environment using these settings:

YT_DEST         => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/2.1
PATH            => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/2.1/bin/
PYTHONPATH      =>
/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/2.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/2.1/lib/

If you wish to use the unstable branch, which I'll update on Kraken
when I remember to do it (or you can bug me if I haven't):

YT_DEST         => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/unstable
PATH            => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/unstable/bin/
PYTHONPATH      =>
/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/unstable/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH => /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/unstable/lib/

The older versions of yt at /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/2.0 and
/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk will be deleted within a week or
so.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us