[yt-users] halo finding on a volume subset

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 08:47:12 PDT 2010

Stephen,

This *was* possible.  Until Irina emailed, I was under the impression
it still was; I don't know why the functionality was removed.

I believe that changing the data_source check and construction should
make this possible, similarly to how the projection mechanism checks
if a source has been provided.  The only variables that are required
to be initialized in __init__ related to the data_source are padding
and _data_source; if _data_source is supplied (i.e., add on
data_source to the contructor) and "is not None" then it should simply
set padding to 0.0 and set self._data_source equal to the supplied
source.

-Matt