[yt-users] parallelHOP problem, did I break python?

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 08:52:48 PDT 2010

Geoffrey,

> yes I redownloaded Forthon, and did everything under "Fortran kD Tree
Setup"
> section.

Let's take a step back and make sure of a few things

1. I'm guessing you're using yt 2.0? Judging from your pasted error message, I think this will fail:

"yt.utilities.kdtree import create_tree"

2. And to make sure why it is failing, is there "fKDpy.so" in your equivalent to this directory?

lib/python2.6/site-packages/yt-2.0dev-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/yt/utilities/kdtree

3. Similarly, is there a .so in your equivalent to this?

src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/kdtree

4. I just looked at the pHOP code, and there were a couple missing imports that I fixed and just pushed, but I don't think that caused your error. However, it's worth trying again after updating your installation.

Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)