[yt-users] disk_analysis

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:06:50 PDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

It was removed because

a) It was never very good (he says, as author of the module)
b) it was made obsolete by the ProjectionTransferFunction using the
volume renderer.

It wasn't really "disk analysis" to begin with; what it did was stack
a bunch of cutting planes into a final image.  Using the
ProjectionTransferFunction (which is documented, but whose lcoation
has changed -- as per the yt2.0 readme file on the wiki -- to
yt.visualization.volume_rendering.api) you can use the volume renderer
to accumulate values along a plane of rays.  This is what the stacked
image did, but it will ensure that you hit  all of the finest
resolution cells, which was not possible with the StackedDiskImage.

-Matt