[yt-users] Energy Spectrum

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 12:15:41 PST 2010

Elizabeth,

>There's code to calculate two-point functions (like structure functions and two-point correlation functions).  That's almost what you want - you could calculate the 2-point correlation function and do a fourier transform of it with numpy to get the power spectrum of your desired quantity.  See:
>
>http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/extensions/two_point_functions.html

Let me add to Brian's response and say that, even as the author of the two-point functions framework, I often get confused on how to use it. It's very flexible and powerful, but not entirely intuitive (which are generally opposing things). I put two examples at the bottom of that page on how to do two-point correlations, where the second one is probably closer to what you want. Let me know if you want help on adapting the example to what you want.

Good luck!

Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/