[yt-users] kd-Tree rendering

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:46:28 PST 2010

Hi Sam,

Great work!  I'm really happy to see this make it into the primary trunk.

I'd like to encourage people to try this out, particularly on large
datasets, and write to the list or Sam if you run into problems.  This
is a big increase in functionality, and everyone wants to make sure it
works out alright.

I've been using the volume rendering capabilities of yt quite
extensively, in kind of an unconventional way, to calculate off-axis
average values, and I'm very excited about the performance
improvements that this new subsystem will bring.

Congrats, Sam!

-Matt