[yt-users] field gradients / vorticity / ghost cells

Andrew Cunningham ajc4 at pas.rochester.edu
Thu May 27 16:43:51 PDT 2010

Related to this, I'd also like to query the group for thoughts the
best approach to a specific kind of analysis I have in mind with this.

I'd like to know what the azimuthally averaged radiation flux is at some
fixed distance r from the star plotted as a function of polar angle.

My plan is to create a radiation flux derived quantity (which is why I
need a derivative), then create a flux dot rhat quantity and then extract
to a fixed interpolated grid and then proceed with the extracting,
averaging, plotting.

Does that sound like the correct approach or is there some yt
functionality that I don't yet know about that might be more elegant? -
ie) some way to extract the field on a spherical count our and return that
as a list of values and positions.