[yt-users] Function Generator Warning

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 08:49:14 PDT 2010

Robyn,

> robyn at rscp4:~iyt
> yt         INFO
>      2010-05-01 09:16:53,866 The Fortran kD-Tree did
> not import
> correctly. The structure function generator will not
> work
> correctly.

This error tells you that you don't have the Fortran kD tree built, which needs to be done by hand. If you are not interested in finding halos in parallel, nor two-point functions (like correlators or structure functions) this isn't a problem. This is just telling you that it won't work, so don't bother trying. If you want to make it work, you'll need to build the kD tree by hand:

http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/extensions/running_halofinder.html#setup

> yt         INFO
> 2010-05-01 09:16:56,113 Setting default colormap
> to algae

This is telling you which color map is default. There are others available, I think, which the docs describe.

> WARNING:
> Readline services not available on this platform.
> WARNING: The auto-indent
> feature requires the readline library
> WARNING: Readline services not
> available on this platform.
> WARNING: The auto-indent feature requires the
> readline library

This warning comes from ipython, which is where the 'i' in 'iyt' comes from. ipython is a package that allows the interaction with the python command prompt to be more powerful. However, you are missing the GNU 'readline' library, which severely hampers ipython's power. This will only reduce the ease of use of the python command prompt, not your yt functionality. This is not a problem unless you want all the features of ipython.

Good luck!