[yt-users] .yt files

j s oishi jsoishi at astro.berkeley.edu
Fri May 14 11:17:44 PDT 2010

Hi Andy,

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Cunningham
<ajc4 at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:
> For some reason I get .yt files on kraken, but on ranger .yt files are never
> saved. ... Do you have any pointers to diagnose why the .yt files aren't
> working on ranger?

This is a weird one. I don't have a good idea. Did you build yt on
Ranger from the install script? Does it mention anything about
serialization when you run scripts? It's possible, I suppose that
seralization has been turned off somehow. Can you add

from yt.config import ytcfg
ytcfg["lagos","serialize"] = 'True'

to your script on ranger to explicitly turn on serialization?

I'm bouncing this to the yt-users list in case someone else might have
had a similar issue on Ranger. I don't use the machine myself, so I
don't have a feel for anything specific to that machine.

Jeff