[yt-users] Ray casting in simple volume rendering

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 10:54:00 PDT 2010

Hi Nick,

Okay, so to debug this, we're going to have to figure out some things
about the simulation.  Can you insert these lines, below the line that
starts with "new_field =" around line 444 of
/Users/earln/yt-i386/src/yt-trunk-svn/yt/lagos/BaseGridType.py:

print new_field.shape, self.ActiveDimensions, self.Level, cf.shape,
print cg.ActiveDimensions, cg.left_edge, self.LeftEdge

and then reply to me, off-list, with the responses?  Once we've
figured it out, I'll report back to the list with a final update.  My
guess is that there's something in the machinery that generates ghost
zones that is getting confused and ends up returning an array that is
of shape one less or one more than it should be in one of the
dimensions.

Thanks,

Matt