[yt-users] DM density field Slice

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:46:40 PDT 2010

Hi Shankar,

Not sure I know what you mean by thick slice -- we're back on baryon
quantities, not on the particle rectangular prisms when using
Dark_Matter_Density -- but I think the answer is that it might end up
being more complicated than just replacing values.  IF you want to
project only a portion of the simulation, that can be done by
specifying a source argument to the projection routine, where the
source is any AMR3dData object -- like spheres, prisms, etc etc.
That's the only mechanism available for thick slicing; for slicing you
can also provide source arguments (I think ... you could at one
point!) but it will simply slice through that region, not do any
combinations.

-Matt