[yt-users] fields in ghost zones

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:15:49 PDT 2010

Hi Jean-Claude,

There are a couple aspects to this.  The first is that Enzo doesn't
output the ghost zones -- so any ghost zones handled inside yt are
generated by yt.  Were Enzo to output the ghost zones, we would
probably be able to handle this, but it does not.

Derived fields can depend on the generation of ghost zones, but keep
in mind that these are ghost zones generated by yt.  These ghost zones
are constructed in a similar manner to how Enzo generates them, but
there may be minor differences.  You can manually inspect ghost zones
on a *grid* by calling retrieve_ghost_zones on that grid.

If you could tell us a bit more about your goal, maybe we could help
out a bit more?

-Matt