[yt-users] parallelHOP

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 11:24:49 PDT 2010

Hi Brian,

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./merger.py", line 9, in <module>
>    MergerTree(files, database='/lustre/scratch/oshea/PopIII_smallbox/halos.db',
>
>halo_finder_function=parallelHF)
>NameError: name 'parallelHF' is not defined
>

>All of the requisite Forthon and KD Tree bits seem to be there, and the only
>thing that I found in the yt install that might be problematic is that I can't
>access the Forthon directory at
>/lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk/src/Forthon-0.8.3/ .  I don't know if that

>could possibly cause problems, but it made me curious.

Not being able to read that directory shouldn't change anything.

> Does anyone have any
>tips on what's going wrong?  Running the exact same script with HaloFinder
>instead of parallelHF works without problem (just very slowly at lower
>redshifts).

I'm not sure what the problem is, especially since HaloFinder works. Could you
try modifying your script something like this, and see if it works? I am still
thinking about how this could happen, and this might tell us something.

from yt.mods import *
import yt.lagos.HaloFinding as HF

MergerTree(files,
database='/lustre/scratch/oshea/PopIII_smallbox/halos.db', halo_finder_function=HF.parallelHF)