[yt-users] Merger Tree

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 14:59:35 PDT 2010

Matt,

> Earlier in the thread Brian said that he was able to find  sqlite3 in
> /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib64.  Why is the _sqlite3 module not  finding
> what it needs in the systemwide installation?

Ah, sorry, I just got home from my drive from the Bay Area so I'm catching up!

Right now I don't know why he's seeing problems with the libs...

> Is there any  possible way to refactor the code to avoid using sqlite3
> as a required  dependency?

Not really, SQLite is a feature of the merger tree, and I chose it consciously.
If there is a SQL database that is more native to Python, I might consider that,
but then it (the SQLite database) might be less useful in all other venues.