[yt-users] h5py Issues

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 13:23:26 PDT 2010

Brian & Matt,

Hello from Boulder! I'm probably not going to be able to follow this up very
quickly. Until tomorrow my internet access is limited to cafés and we have lots
of other things to get done!

> I'd suggest  moving it out of the way for now and continuing on.
> Stephen, if you're  listening, is it possible that the .yt file has had
> a ridiculous number of  HDF5 groups made, which is confusing and
> overflowing  h5py?

Nothing that I've added to yt makes use of the .yt file, so the various tools I
wrote Brian mentioned shouldn't affect it. One thought is I wonder if there are
memory limits on the login nodes on Kraken, and if this is being hit? Brian,
where you trying this on the login node, and if so, can you try it in an
interactive session (one node will suffice).